The 2020 staff application deadline is June 11, 2020.
IN 2020, THE MISSION IS POSSIBLE.
For over 50 years, we have been presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ to children, teens and adults in a Christ-centered, wholesome, safe and fun-filled Christian camping environment. We continue to encourage Christian growth through Bible teaching, personal example and service.
STAFF PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Please note that these dates differ from the Camper Dates. Day Camps will run from Monday until Friday, but staff are expected to be onsite from Sunday evening until Saturday morning.
Day Camp 1: July 5-11
Day Camp 2: July 12-18
Day Camp 3: July 19-25
Day Camp 4: Aug 9-15
Day Camp 5: Aug 16-22
Day Camp 6: Aug 23-29
2020 STAFFING NEEDS
Roles that will need to be filled each week are Cabin Leaders, Cleaning Crew, Dish Crew, Cooks (3), Nurse (1), Lifeguards (2), Crafts (1), and Dorm Parents (2; see below for more information about this role). These positions do not necessarily need to be filled by the same volunteer for an entire session.
For all positions, we are looking for individuals who are:
aged 19 and up
committed to and are actively participating within their local church gathering
- flexible, able to work well with others, willing to take direction, and are physically able to withstand the rigors of an outdoor children’s camp
- able to commit to pre-camp staff training the weekend before their start date
If you are interested in applying, please fill out our Staff Application. All successful applicants will be working under the supervision of our leadership team, headed up by the Camp Manager, Josh Caplan.
Fore more information, contact Josh at [email protected].
Individuals who are over the age of 18 are encouraged to begin the Criminal Record Check process as soon as possible so that the paperwork is onsite before the camp start date.
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECKS
In order to volunteer at MSBC, a current CRC is required for all inviduals over the age of 18.
- The CRC process is free and begins online
- Required of all volunteers ages 18+
- For most, will take less than five minutes
- For some, they will need to go through a secondary phase involving personal documentation and signing some forms. The forms and documentation will be submitted to Alex who will then verify the information and submit it to the governing body
- CRCs will now last four years instead of two!
- The process can take up to six weeks. If you’re thinking of coming to camp this year, please begin the process as soon as you can.